Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Making Sense

“It's okay with me” she said. “That we're, you know, making this up as we go along.”

“You don't consider it a lot of unnecessary not knowing?” He'd always been the kind for plans and formulas and wanting to have a clear idea of where things were going before they actually got off the ground.

“I guess I'd rather look back someday and connect the dots than road map the future. Besides, the latter seems so dreadfully boring” her eyes rolling involuntarily. “ I want to wake up in the morning and wonder. And in the end, when we do get to where we're going, I want the satisfaction of surprise. Like no one, not even us could've imagined we'd get so far.”

His lips twitched in a semi-smile. She's completely nuts, he thought. And he was unable to decide if anything she'd said made sense. And it all worried him just a little.